Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Graduation Ceremony

I'm back... This past weekend I was busy scrapping my oldest son's graduation ceremony.  Yes, I can finally scrap the photos without being sad!  :)  The following photos I just scrapped...  no challenge involved.
Of coarse you always have to start with an invitation.  I received my inspiration from Mary Ann Jenkins.  You can find her layout and description HERE.  I think it quite ironic that she scraps 3 boys also.  My favorite part of this layout is the painted wood grain background paper by October Afternoon called Main Gate.  The other pattern papers are from my green and blue scrap bins.  The labels and tags I made from my stash just to use up the smaller pieces.  The enamel dots are Teresa Collins.

  
 I prepared a paper and embellishment kit consisting of black, royal blue, white, metallic silver and gray to pull from for these layouts.  Graduation pattern papers were used on almost every layout.  
The above two photos show the march at the graduation ceremony.  There will be another photo that I will be posting later because it is a challenge layout.
The graduation photos are not very good, but wanted to use them on a layout so my son can describe what he was thinking at this moment.
I tend to have difficulties in using pattern papers that have words on them.  This layout was inspired by DeborahM in the Scrapbook.com gallery.  You can find her layout here. I made the small tassel hanging on the paper clip in the top left of the photo.  So much fun to add a personal touch to my son's layout.
Receiving his diploma.  I used the last of the pattern paper with words on it, and some old embellishments.  This layout was inspired by HappyGRL in the Scrapbook.com gallery.  You can find her layout here.
  
The left layout after looking at it carefully...  the photos were placed in the wrong order.  I have remedied this, but did not want to take another photo of layout.  The lighting in the gym that the graduation ceremony takes place has always produced bad photos.  I feel lucky to have taken photos that turned out this good.   The right layout is of the class celebrating with silly string that the ceremony is over.  
 I really wanted to use the Making Memories "I do" large die cut from 2008.  This layout was inspired by Mary Ann Jenkins.  If you would like to see the original layout go here.   The other pattern papers included silver swirl foil by The Paper Studio from 2011, blue prism paper by Colorbok Glitzy, and the background blue I do not have any information on.
Thank you for stopping by and checking out my layouts.  I will be back shortly with the last graduation layout using a sketch challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment