Monday, November 17, 2014

December Daily 2014

This is my first time that I will be doing a December Daily...  Life events that have trended to be bad have always occurred in December.  My December Daily will only include things I like about December.  It may be seeing the first snow of December or as simple as enjoying my apple cider(which I only do in December).  I've decided to start this endeavor this year to document what is one of the few Decembers I will have with my 2 youngest sons.  I'm hoping it will give me great memories when I look back at it in years to come.

Since this is my first album I wanted to spend very little money on this project because I may not finish.  I searched through my tub of scrapbooking junk, and decided to recycle a photo album.  So $0 on the book.

Not to shabby for a recycled book...  I tore the Mickey Mouse cover off, and replaced with a new cover of kraft and red cardstock from my stash.  Decorating the cover was my next step...
I used an old ribbon which I think came from a bundle of towels??  Then recycled the glass droplet and key from a necklace I haven't worn in years.  The droplet reminds me of ice... what a better object to have on an album for December in Nebraska.  The 2014 numbers were given to me by a fellow scrapper.  "December" is from my stash - Elle's Studio cut apart.  I used a stencil for the star/confetti background.

My cover page:
The calendar was a free printable you can find here.  It is from Elegance and Enchantment.   I have a few pages almost ready to glue together.  I probably will not get to them until this weekend.

I hope you enjoyed the beginning process to my December Daily. 

P.S.: I have joined a December Daily inspiration group that is headed by Susan Hiles (shiles728 on youtube).  You can find her beginning youtube video here where most of the action will take place.  Now that this group has started to grow some items can also be found on the December Daily Inspiration group here, but the main spot to find everything is at her youtube channel.

Thanks again for stopping by...  More December Daily posts soon to come!!! 











2 comments:

  1. Denise, I am amazed at the beautiful job you did spending zero dollars! That is impressive, for sure. I am glad that you will be documenting this special time with your sons, and your right, you will cherish it for years to come. Thank you so much for sharing this and participating. I have entered you into the challenge. I hope you shared a link to this blog post on the new DD Facebook page, I know everyone would love to see what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Denise! The calendar page is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete